The building, as City Palace, was inaugurated on April 23, 2010, after a capital repair executed to stop the deterioration and return its use value, rescuing the heritage values. In the institution, marriages are celebrated; birthday parties; ceremonies of decorations and other social and family activities.
Its origins go back to 1922 when Engineer Alberto A. Ibargüin Pí and first President of the Liceo began its construction. On February 24, 1923 it was inaugurated as the headquarters of the Spanish Liceo and the second floor was completed in 1924.
After 1959, it was the House of the Young Rebels until 1961; Palace of the Marriages until the mid-eighties; House of Culture until the late nineties and again Palace of Marriages, until in 2006 it closes to begin its reconstruction.
About the Author
Periodista y fotorreportera del Periódico Guerrillero.