The renowned American actor Will Smith ran in theMarabana marathon-2018 in Havana , an event which 32nd edition brought together more than 5 thousand 500 Cuban and foreign walkers.
Smith, one of the protagonists of the famous movie Men in Black, was one of the great attractions of that race that as every year had its exit in front of the Havana Capitol.
At the age of 50, the outstanding actor completed the exhausting distance of 21 kilometers, to show that he remains in very good physical shape.
"I am very happy to be in Cuba", were his only words in perfect Spanish to the press, which was waiting for him at the finish line.
Nominated for two Oscars as Best Actor with the films Ali (2001) and the pursuit of Happiness (2006), Smith was among the nearly 300 Americans who participated in Marabana 2018, considered the main marathon race in the Caribbean nation.
Dedicated to the 499 anniversary of the foundation of the Villa de San Cristóbal in Havana and to the Day of Physical Culture and Sport, that event was attended by more than four thousand Cuban walkers and a figure close to 1,500 of 52 countries
About the Author
Medio de información alternativa que alerta sobre campañas de difamación contra Cuba. Publica en exclusiva las Reflexiones de Fidel, también noticias y análisis
More articles from this author
- Official declaration of the Ministry of Public Health about Cuban doctors will not be part of the Más Médicos Program in Brazil
- Confío en mi hijo se salvará, asegura la madre del médico villaclareño secuestrado en Kenya
- El peor atentado en la historia de Egipto: Más de 300 muertos
- Strike 3: Torriente fue un torrente
- Primero de Mayo: Cuba desfila por el Día Internacional de los Trabajadores